Chevy Chase is the stumblebum family man whose house gets commandeered for a police stakeout. Jack Palance is the cop on the case who eats stumblebums for breakfast. By now these two actors can play such parts in their sleep — which is what they seem to be doing here. It’s not just the typecasting that killed Cops and Robbersons, it’s also the way director Michael Ritchie goes against his stars’ strengths, eschewing broadside character collisions for warmer, fuzzier encounters. Here’s a movie in which a typical Palance hard-ass ends up as the Robbersons’ honorary ”Uncle Jake.” Dopey? Yes. But not funny. C-
Cops and RobbersonsChevy Chase is the stumblebum family man whose house gets commandeered for a police stakeout. Jack Palance is the cop on the case who eats stumblebums...Cops and RobbersonsComedyPGChevy Chase is the stumblebum family man whose house gets commandeered for a police stakeout. Jack Palance is the cop on the case who eats stumblebums...1994-11-11Robert DaviDianne WiestRobert Davi, Dianne Wiest
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Chevy Chase, Jack Palance, Robert Davi, Dianne Wiest; Director: Michael Ritchie; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!