The exuberantly vulgar observations on life and love in the ’90s offered here by the wildly popular star of the Fox sitcom Martin should be shocking only to agoraphobics who’ve taken a vow of chastity. Everyone else will find something to relate to. As for finding something to laugh at, that’s a different story. Humor is not measurable by objective standards, so the fact that I didn’t laugh much at this filmed performance may not mean anything. What is undeniable is Lawrence’s energy — the movie’s 90 minutes go by in a flash whether you’re splitting your sides or just chortling intermittently. C+
Martin Lawrence: You So CrazyThe exuberantly vulgar observations on life and love in the '90s offered here by the wildly popular star of the Fox sitcom Martin should be...Martin Lawrence: You So CrazyComedyMartin LawrenceUnratedThe exuberantly vulgar observations on life and love in the '90s offered here by the wildly popular star of the Fox sitcom Martin should be...1994-11-11
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Martin Lawrence; Director: Thomas Schlamme; Author: Martin Lawrence; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen back as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!