The exuberantly vulgar observations on life and love in the ’90s offered here by the wildly popular star of the Fox sitcom Martin should be shocking only to agoraphobics who’ve taken a vow of chastity. Everyone else will find something to relate to. As for finding something to laugh at, that’s a different story. Humor is not measurable by objective standards, so the fact that I didn’t laugh much at this filmed performance may not mean anything. What is undeniable is Lawrence’s energy — the movie’s 90 minutes go by in a flash whether you’re splitting your sides or just chortling intermittently. C+
Martin Lawrence: You So CrazyThe exuberantly vulgar observations on life and love in the '90s offered here by the wildly popular star of the Fox sitcom Martin should be...Martin Lawrence: You So CrazyComedyMartin LawrenceUnratedThe exuberantly vulgar observations on life and love in the '90s offered here by the wildly popular star of the Fox sitcom Martin should be...1994-11-11
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Martin Lawrence; Director: Thomas Schlamme; Author: Martin Lawrence; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fifty Shades of Wayne' replaces Christian Grey with, yes, Batman
- From 'People': Ellie Goulding joins 'The Voice' as Adam Levine's adviser
- Justin Bieber really wants Seth Rogen to roast him
- Christine Lahti cast opposite Terry O'Quinn in ABC's 'The Adversaries'
- Zachary Quinto remembers Leonard Nimoy as a 'father figure'
- Wilmer Valderrama signs on to Fox's 'Minority Report' pilot
- 'The Good Wife' recap: No harm, no foul, and 'microbursts of contempt'