Doom-schmoom. When I want forward-scrolling, kill-everything-that-twitches entertainment, I’ll stick to the original sources — namely, the Alien series and (to a lesser extent) the Predator movies. Alien vs. Predator is scary enough when you’re a lone Marine bumping into nasties at every twist of a dark corridor, but this game ups the creepitude quotient considerably by allowing you to assume the role of either monster. And the attention to detail is terrific — check out the faster scrolling and jangly, grainy display when you’re playing the Alien. A
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Horror; Starring: Lance Henriksen, Sanaa Lathan, Raoul Bova, Ewen Bremner; Director: Paul Anderson (Director), Bharat Nalluri; Author: Paul Anderson (Director), Shane Salerno; Producer (person): John Davis, David Giler, Lawrence Gordon, Walter Hill, Joel Silver; Release Date Wide: 08/13/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted November 11 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!