Read this book, and you’ll never make embarrassing party/conference/meeting- the-in-laws faux pas again! Read it and forget all the stuff those deconstructionists tried to push on you about how impossible it is to really communicate! Read it and bridge the generation and gender gaps! Read it and get your own talk show! (Well … ) There’s no doubt that Larry King can talk, and there’s no doubt he can get his guests to talk, but the inherent assumption of this book — that he can get everyone else to talk — requires a certain suspension of disbelief. After all, practicing in the mirror and doing it in real life are very different things. For the truly talkophobic it’s probable that every little hint helps, and there are some worthwhile, if recycled, suggestions (look the person you’re talking to in the eye, for one — a seemingly obvious, but often-ignored, dictum). Still, faced with someone who turns to you at a party and says, ”I don’t strike up a conversation very well with a woman (or man) I’ve just met. But I’d enjoy talking to you for a few minutes,” what would you think? Probably not Yippee! C
How to Talk to Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere: The Secrets of Good Communication Read this book, and you'll never make embarrassing party/conference/meeting- the-in-laws faux pas again! Read it and forget all the stuff those ...How to Talk to Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere: The Secrets of Good CommunicationSelf-Help and PsychologyBill Gilbert, Larry King Read this book, and you'll never make embarrassing party/conference/meeting- the-in-laws faux pas again! Read it and forget all the stuff those ...1994-11-18
Genre: Self-Help and Psychology; Author: Bill Gilbert, Larry King
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!