Sure, there are those people who buy next year’s wrapping paper on Dec. 26 and finish their holiday shopping by August. But assuming the world is skewed a bit more toward us than them, we offer up this delectable guide to the newest and coolest and warmest of entertainments available for the holidays. There’s a rundown of music boxed sets — from groovy to nostalgic — that will please everyone, including that nephew who just pierced his ear and says, ”Hey, dude,” and your aunt who swoons to the Everly Brothers. Our multimedia section guides you — tenderly — through the world of video games and CD-ROMs, and we’ll let you know how recent video releases will fare under the tree. And when you’re done perusing the lush books we recommend, you can tear out our movie guide and take a break from all that eggnog at your nearest cineplex. From head to stocking, we’ve got you covered.
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Krasinski & Corden recreate 'Pulp Fiction' in hilarious sketch
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...