Sure, there are those people who buy next year’s wrapping paper on Dec. 26 and finish their holiday shopping by August. But assuming the world is skewed a bit more toward us than them, we offer up this delectable guide to the newest and coolest and warmest of entertainments available for the holidays. There’s a rundown of music boxed sets — from groovy to nostalgic — that will please everyone, including that nephew who just pierced his ear and says, ”Hey, dude,” and your aunt who swoons to the Everly Brothers. Our multimedia section guides you — tenderly — through the world of video games and CD-ROMs, and we’ll let you know how recent video releases will fare under the tree. And when you’re done perusing the lush books we recommend, you can tear out our movie guide and take a break from all that eggnog at your nearest cineplex. From head to stocking, we’ve got you covered.
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' exclusive: Finch and Reese face old foe
- Those crazy 'Bachelorette'/'Bachelor' job titles explained
- Dan Aykroyd praises 'Ghostbusters' reboot
- Dwayne Johnson to play Doc Savage
- Eminem reveals why the original 'Stan' is lost forever
- Maya Rudolph, Martin Short reveal their fave SNL sketch by other person
- John Oliver wants to know why bread pants are 'not a thing'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers