As a soldier, Mark Valley fought Iraqis in Desert Storm. So taking on the rabid fans of NBC’s Days of Our Lives shouldn’t faze him. But Valley plays Jack Deveraux, replacing actor Matt Ashford, whom some viewers still clamor for more than a year after he was fired. Valley, a New York State native, beat out numerous ”names” and began appearing last week, though his only previous soap experience was five episodes of Another World. ”To tell you the truth,” he says, laughing, ”I have no idea what I’m getting into. What pressure?” That attitude’s no surprise, coming from a West Point grad and former Army parachutist. He says the military and soaps have much in common: ”You get up early, you need discipline, and you never know what to expect.”
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters