It’s like a George Lucas production of an Earth, Wind and Fire album cover. Passing through the StarGate, a mystical portal that beams you to other galaxies, a team of American military operatives has arrived on Abydos, a sand-dune planet that resembles Earth in the days of the pharaohs. Kurt Russell, as the commander, and James Spader, as a saintly Egyptologist, must join forces to defeat Ra (Jaye Davidson), an extraterrestrial who arrived on Abydos in his pyramid spaceship and installed himself as its ruler-god. The most dramatic question raised by StarGate is, Why did Jaye Davidson choose to follow up The Crying Game by appearing in this glittery trash pile? Vamping the audience with his come-hither stare, he gives you the feeling that Darth Vader has been reincarnated as Ali MacGraw. C
Stargate It's like a George Lucas production of an Earth, Wind and Fire album cover. Passing through the StarGate, a mystical portal that beams you to other...StargateSci-fi and Fantasy, Action/AdventurePG-13 It's like a George Lucas production of an Earth, Wind and Fire album cover. Passing through the StarGate, a mystical portal that beams you to other...1994-11-18
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Jaye Davidson, Kurt Russell, James Spader; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!