”Be not afraid!” counsels the back cover, but actually, the competition has plenty to fear. In its second week out, Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II has itself crossed the threshold, displacing Faye D. Resnick’s sleaze-read on Nicole Brown Simpson to take the No. 1 spot on the nonfiction best-seller list. The 1.25 million copies in print are going fast, and one can’t help but suspect divine intervention. Of course, the simultaneously released Spanish-language and large-print editions have helped too.
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wonder Woman Barbie gets Gal Gadot’s stamp of approval
- Matt Damon recalls losing 'Dead Poets Society' role
- WATCH: Matt Damon finally let his daughter see 'The Martian'
- WATCH: Matt Damon is optimistic about Ben Affleck's 'Batman' movie
- 'Brian Wilson and Friends' concert to be released on CD and DVD
- Megan Fox to return to 'New Girl' for major season 6 arc
- Casey Wilson Danielle Schneider live recording Real Housewives show