”Be not afraid!” counsels the back cover, but actually, the competition has plenty to fear. In its second week out, Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II has itself crossed the threshold, displacing Faye D. Resnick’s sleaze-read on Nicole Brown Simpson to take the No. 1 spot on the nonfiction best-seller list. The 1.25 million copies in print are going fast, and one can’t help but suspect divine intervention. Of course, the simultaneously released Spanish-language and large-print editions have helped too.
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the exclusive first trailer for Will Arnett's new Netflix show 'Flaked'
- Brandy teases new music: 'An album is definitely in the works'
- Exclusive 'Walking Dead' reunion of deceased characters
- Supermodels become superheroes in Marvel's new collaboration
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Outlander' season 2 trailer, premiere date revealed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Grey's' star explains social media brand
- Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult are dystopian lovers in new 'Equals' trailer
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere