”Be not afraid!” counsels the back cover, but actually, the competition has plenty to fear. In its second week out, Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II has itself crossed the threshold, displacing Faye D. Resnick’s sleaze-read on Nicole Brown Simpson to take the No. 1 spot on the nonfiction best-seller list. The 1.25 million copies in print are going fast, and one can’t help but suspect divine intervention. Of course, the simultaneously released Spanish-language and large-print editions have helped too.
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!