”Be not afraid!” counsels the back cover, but actually, the competition has plenty to fear. In its second week out, Crossing the Threshold of Hope by Pope John Paul II has itself crossed the threshold, displacing Faye D. Resnick’s sleaze-read on Nicole Brown Simpson to take the No. 1 spot on the nonfiction best-seller list. The 1.25 million copies in print are going fast, and one can’t help but suspect divine intervention. Of course, the simultaneously released Spanish-language and large-print editions have helped too.
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!