Based on the writer’s bestseller, ROBIN COOK’S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so complicated that one quickly realizes that the scientific mumbo jumbo can be ignored: All that matters is that innocent people are being used in unauthorized genetic-engineering experiments, and one fearless doctor (Growing Pains’ Joanna Kerns) fights to put a stop to it. Trapper John, M.D.’s Gregory Harrison costars as Kerns’ all- too-perfect hospital administrator and lover. Much more entertaining are Max Gail (Barney Miller) as a cynical police detective, and Robert Englund — yes, Freddy Krueger, Mr. Evil Incarnate — as a pompous doctor. Mortal Fear’s suspense is minimal, but as a supporting-actors’ showcase, it keeps you watching. B-
Robin Cook's Mortal Fear Based on the writer's bestseller, ROBIN COOK'S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so...Robin Cook's Mortal Fear Based on the writer's bestseller, ROBIN COOK'S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so...1994-11-18
Starring: Robert Englund, Gregory Harrison, Joanna Kerns, Max Gail; Status: In Season
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages