Based on the writer’s bestseller, ROBIN COOK’S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so complicated that one quickly realizes that the scientific mumbo jumbo can be ignored: All that matters is that innocent people are being used in unauthorized genetic-engineering experiments, and one fearless doctor (Growing Pains’ Joanna Kerns) fights to put a stop to it. Trapper John, M.D.’s Gregory Harrison costars as Kerns’ all- too-perfect hospital administrator and lover. Much more entertaining are Max Gail (Barney Miller) as a cynical police detective, and Robert Englund — yes, Freddy Krueger, Mr. Evil Incarnate — as a pompous doctor. Mortal Fear’s suspense is minimal, but as a supporting-actors’ showcase, it keeps you watching. B-
Robin Cook's Mortal Fear Based on the writer's bestseller, ROBIN COOK'S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so...Robin Cook's Mortal Fear Based on the writer's bestseller, ROBIN COOK'S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so...1994-11-18
Starring: Robert Englund, Gregory Harrison, Joanna Kerns, Max Gail
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- Can you match these hit songs with the musicians who wrote them?
- Watch Coach freak out during sex ed in 'New Girl' clip
- Average movie ticket price drops to $8.12 in first quarter
- On the Books: Drax the Destroyer of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' gets his own comic book
- Watch the new music video for Jamie xx's 'Gosh'
- 'Unauthorized Full House' a go at Lifetime
- Watch the first trailer for 'Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell'