Based on the writer’s bestseller, ROBIN COOK’S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so complicated that one quickly realizes that the scientific mumbo jumbo can be ignored: All that matters is that innocent people are being used in unauthorized genetic-engineering experiments, and one fearless doctor (Growing Pains’ Joanna Kerns) fights to put a stop to it. Trapper John, M.D.’s Gregory Harrison costars as Kerns’ all- too-perfect hospital administrator and lover. Much more entertaining are Max Gail (Barney Miller) as a cynical police detective, and Robert Englund — yes, Freddy Krueger, Mr. Evil Incarnate — as a pompous doctor. Mortal Fear’s suspense is minimal, but as a supporting-actors’ showcase, it keeps you watching. B-
Robin Cook's Mortal Fear Based on the writer's bestseller, ROBIN COOK'S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so...Robin Cook's Mortal Fear Based on the writer's bestseller, ROBIN COOK'S MORTAL FEAR (NBC, Nov. 20, 9-11 p.m.) is about medical-research hanky-panky so...1994-11-18
Starring: Robert Englund, Gregory Harrison, Joanna Kerns, Max Gail; Status: In Season
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Go behind the scenes of Thomas Rhett and Jordin Sparks' duet
- The anticipation is over as the 'Rocky Horror' cast reunites for EW
- A&E Network to air Sean Bean's 'Frankenstein Chronicles'
- Dubsmash Wars: See the final round of Team 'Carter' vs. Team 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'
- 'The Walking Dead': Norman Reedus on 'Daryl and Carol moment'
- First look at Timothy Spall in and Colm Meany in 'The Journey'
- DJ Jazzy Jeff on possible reunion with Will Smith: 'The time is right on so many different levels'