Apparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn’t have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine Peterson, so she pads The Hard Truth with pointless action scenes and sexual interludes that stretch this should-have-been-80-minutes trifle to 100. Casting Eric Roberts as a brainy safecracker is pretty funny, and while Lysette Anthony smolders as his girlfriend, a listless Michael Rooker looks as if he wishes he were back in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Also, set decorator Mara Waxman seems to think offices still use mainframe computers that look like something you might have seen in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. C-
The Hard TruthApparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn't have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine...The Hard TruthAction/Adventure, Mystery and ThrillerRApparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn't have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine...1994-11-18Lysette Anthony
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Eric Roberts, Michael Rooker, Lysette Anthony; Director: Kristine Peterson; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!