Apparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn’t have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine Peterson, so she pads The Hard Truth with pointless action scenes and sexual interludes that stretch this should-have-been-80-minutes trifle to 100. Casting Eric Roberts as a brainy safecracker is pretty funny, and while Lysette Anthony smolders as his girlfriend, a listless Michael Rooker looks as if he wishes he were back in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Also, set decorator Mara Waxman seems to think offices still use mainframe computers that look like something you might have seen in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. C-
The Hard TruthApparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn't have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine...The Hard TruthAction/Adventure, Mystery and ThrillerRApparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn't have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine...1994-11-18Lysette Anthony
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Eric Roberts, Michael Rooker, Lysette Anthony; Director: Kristine Peterson; MPAA Rating: R
Posted November 18 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?
- Trump launches surreal nightly newscast