Apparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn’t have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine Peterson, so she pads The Hard Truth with pointless action scenes and sexual interludes that stretch this should-have-been-80-minutes trifle to 100. Casting Eric Roberts as a brainy safecracker is pretty funny, and while Lysette Anthony smolders as his girlfriend, a listless Michael Rooker looks as if he wishes he were back in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. Also, set decorator Mara Waxman seems to think offices still use mainframe computers that look like something you might have seen in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. C-
The Hard TruthApparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn't have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine...The Hard TruthAction/Adventure, Mystery and ThrillerRApparently this tale of municipal corruption, lust, and honor (such as it is) among thieves didn't have a twisty enough plot for director Kristine...1994-11-18Lysette Anthony
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Eric Roberts, Michael Rooker, Lysette Anthony; Director: Kristine Peterson; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 2:22 PM EST
- 'Survivor' fan-voted 'Second Chance' season: Jeff Probst explains it all
- 'Scandal': Will Mellie actually win the election?
- 'Ultimate Survival Alaska' star Jimmy Gojdics dead at 69
- Super scientific study finds which drugs are most prominent at music festivals
- Beloved dead comedians to perform again via hologram
- Mark Ruffalo: Joss Whedon is a 'deeply committed feminist'
- Free Comic Book Day: 15 superhero must-reads
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!