It’s about as costly as a night at a real comedy club, but you don’t get two drinks with Carolines Presents…Johnny Cocktails. The only cocktail served here is Johnny, a sort of Gumby Dangerfield ”claymedian” whose stand-up routine you choose from a list of one-liner topics (”Old People,” ”Stupid People,” ”My Pal Tony”). Then you watch him tell the jokes you’ve just chosen. That’s all this disc does. There are some mild chuckles to be had, but the dreadful canned-laughter trashes any sense of spontaneity. The clay animation, on the other hand, is quite spiffy. For better and (mostly) worse, it’s the most synthetic entertainment experience you’ll have all year. D+
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade