It’s about as costly as a night at a real comedy club, but you don’t get two drinks with Carolines Presents…Johnny Cocktails. The only cocktail served here is Johnny, a sort of Gumby Dangerfield ”claymedian” whose stand-up routine you choose from a list of one-liner topics (”Old People,” ”Stupid People,” ”My Pal Tony”). Then you watch him tell the jokes you’ve just chosen. That’s all this disc does. There are some mild chuckles to be had, but the dreadful canned-laughter trashes any sense of spontaneity. The clay animation, on the other hand, is quite spiffy. For better and (mostly) worse, it’s the most synthetic entertainment experience you’ll have all year. D+
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- U2 to premiere behind-the-scenes concert doc on HBO
- Alessia Cara nails first televised performance of summer hit 'Here'
- 'Game of Thrones' app to ease nervous HBO viewers into Martin's novels
- Morrissey says he was sexually assaulted at San Francisco airport
- Listen to Prince's new, 'Kiss'-referencing single 'Stare'
- See the heart-stopping first trailer Netflix's 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'The Dead House' by Dawn Kurtagich
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!