It’s about as costly as a night at a real comedy club, but you don’t get two drinks with Carolines Presents…Johnny Cocktails. The only cocktail served here is Johnny, a sort of Gumby Dangerfield ”claymedian” whose stand-up routine you choose from a list of one-liner topics (”Old People,” ”Stupid People,” ”My Pal Tony”). Then you watch him tell the jokes you’ve just chosen. That’s all this disc does. There are some mild chuckles to be had, but the dreadful canned-laughter trashes any sense of spontaneity. The clay animation, on the other hand, is quite spiffy. For better and (mostly) worse, it’s the most synthetic entertainment experience you’ll have all year. D+
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?