That heartwarming Christy is back, just in time to offer a two-hour Thanksgiving special. In the title role, Kellie Martin is as utterly beguiling as ever playing the prim-yet-spunky frontier schoolteacher, and Christy has quickly perfected the format it was developing in its trial run a few months ago. Which is? Copy Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman with every ounce of strength you have. Christy has all of Dr. Quinn’s cotton-candy colors, its impeccably dressed pioneers, its homespun wisdom (”Sometimes it’s the difficulty of the task that makes it worth doing” is a lesson here), and a sexy male costar (in this case, the chiseled young minister David, played by Randall Batinkoff). In this edition of Christy, a poor fall harvest in Cutter Gap leaves the stomachs of Christy’s impoverished students growling. Tyne Daly, reprising her role as Miss Alice, gets involved in a comic subplot about shooting a turkey, but really, it’s all pretty irrelevant. What matters are the virtuous vibes that Martin and Christy give out in this radiant family fare. B+
Christy That heartwarming Christy is back, just in time to offer a two-hour Thanksgiving special. In the title role, Kellie Martin is as...Christy That heartwarming Christy is back, just in time to offer a two-hour Thanksgiving special. In the title role, Kellie Martin is as...1994-11-25
Starring: Kellie Martin; Broadcaster: CBS; Status: In Season
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel