That heartwarming Christy is back, just in time to offer a two-hour Thanksgiving special. In the title role, Kellie Martin is as utterly beguiling as ever playing the prim-yet-spunky frontier schoolteacher, and Christy has quickly perfected the format it was developing in its trial run a few months ago. Which is? Copy Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman with every ounce of strength you have. Christy has all of Dr. Quinn’s cotton-candy colors, its impeccably dressed pioneers, its homespun wisdom (”Sometimes it’s the difficulty of the task that makes it worth doing” is a lesson here), and a sexy male costar (in this case, the chiseled young minister David, played by Randall Batinkoff). In this edition of Christy, a poor fall harvest in Cutter Gap leaves the stomachs of Christy’s impoverished students growling. Tyne Daly, reprising her role as Miss Alice, gets involved in a comic subplot about shooting a turkey, but really, it’s all pretty irrelevant. What matters are the virtuous vibes that Martin and Christy give out in this radiant family fare. B+
Christy That heartwarming Christy is back, just in time to offer a two-hour Thanksgiving special. In the title role, Kellie Martin is as...Christy That heartwarming Christy is back, just in time to offer a two-hour Thanksgiving special. In the title role, Kellie Martin is as...1994-11-25
Starring: Kellie Martin; Broadcaster: CBS; Status: In Season
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game