”We have a Nobel Prize winner; a new state-of-the-art library, and $ million (from) Walter Annenberg — and we’re best known for the guy who says, ‘Whoa!”’ responds University of Southern California Steve Yawitz to the news that Blossom hunk Joey Lawrence is a member of the Class of ‘98. Lawrence, 18, insists he has typical student worries — and then some. ”I get followed home a lot,” says the stud-turned-studier, who brings two undercover cops to school with him. ”It’s sort of scary.” Former television stars Jeremy Miller (Growing Pains) and Brice Beckham (Mr. Belevedere) are among Lawrence’s fellow Trojans, while Jaleel White of Family Matters is at UCLA. But most students are blasé about teen idols. Says UCLA junior GG Heintz, ”It’s Hollywood and we’re kind of used to it.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!