”We have a Nobel Prize winner; a new state-of-the-art library, and $ million (from) Walter Annenberg — and we’re best known for the guy who says, ‘Whoa!”’ responds University of Southern California Steve Yawitz to the news that Blossom hunk Joey Lawrence is a member of the Class of ‘98. Lawrence, 18, insists he has typical student worries — and then some. ”I get followed home a lot,” says the stud-turned-studier, who brings two undercover cops to school with him. ”It’s sort of scary.” Former television stars Jeremy Miller (Growing Pains) and Brice Beckham (Mr. Belevedere) are among Lawrence’s fellow Trojans, while Jaleel White of Family Matters is at UCLA. But most students are blasé about teen idols. Says UCLA junior GG Heintz, ”It’s Hollywood and we’re kind of used to it.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!