Oprah Winfrey’s personal chef, Rosie Daley, has been a heavyweight on the bestseller list with In the Kitchen with Rosie, but dinners at Oprah’s funky Chicago eatery, the Eccentric, won’t see many of Rosie’s dishes unless they pick up the book at the gift shop. A host at the restaurant admits there are plenty of requests for the low-calorie cooking, but the Eccentric’s chef, Jody Denton, says, ”Rosie’s book and Oprah’s restaurant have nothing to do with each other. There’s probably this perception that (Oprah) comes in and serves the dishes in the book, but that’s not true.” In fact, says the host, ”I haven’t even seen her in here recently.” That’s not too surprising: After all, the eatery’s signature dish, Oprah’s Potatoes (mashed with horseradish, cream, butter, salt and pepper) may be an unfair test of the new-and-improved Oprah’s willpower.
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'