Oprah Winfrey’s personal chef, Rosie Daley, has been a heavyweight on the bestseller list with In the Kitchen with Rosie, but dinners at Oprah’s funky Chicago eatery, the Eccentric, won’t see many of Rosie’s dishes unless they pick up the book at the gift shop. A host at the restaurant admits there are plenty of requests for the low-calorie cooking, but the Eccentric’s chef, Jody Denton, says, ”Rosie’s book and Oprah’s restaurant have nothing to do with each other. There’s probably this perception that (Oprah) comes in and serves the dishes in the book, but that’s not true.” In fact, says the host, ”I haven’t even seen her in here recently.” That’s not too surprising: After all, the eatery’s signature dish, Oprah’s Potatoes (mashed with horseradish, cream, butter, salt and pepper) may be an unfair test of the new-and-improved Oprah’s willpower.
Posted January 17 2015 — 9:14 AM EST
- Adam Lambert premieres 'Ghost Town' lyric video
- Big Sean performs 'One Man Can Change The World' on 'Fallon'
- 'Notary Publix' sneak peek: Jay Pharoah joins Kate McKinnon's series
- Weezer fan club single 'Everybody Needs Salvation' is now available to... everybody
- Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, more join Billboard Music Awards lineup
- George Clooney fights to protect his futuristic house in 'Tomorrowland' trailer
- Hear Lisa Loeb's new song '3,2,1, Let Go' from the movie 'Helicopter Mom'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!