Oprah Winfrey’s personal chef, Rosie Daley, has been a heavyweight on the bestseller list with In the Kitchen with Rosie, but dinners at Oprah’s funky Chicago eatery, the Eccentric, won’t see many of Rosie’s dishes unless they pick up the book at the gift shop. A host at the restaurant admits there are plenty of requests for the low-calorie cooking, but the Eccentric’s chef, Jody Denton, says, ”Rosie’s book and Oprah’s restaurant have nothing to do with each other. There’s probably this perception that (Oprah) comes in and serves the dishes in the book, but that’s not true.” In fact, says the host, ”I haven’t even seen her in here recently.” That’s not too surprising: After all, the eatery’s signature dish, Oprah’s Potatoes (mashed with horseradish, cream, butter, salt and pepper) may be an unfair test of the new-and-improved Oprah’s willpower.
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!