Oprah Winfrey’s personal chef, Rosie Daley, has been a heavyweight on the bestseller list with In the Kitchen with Rosie, but dinners at Oprah’s funky Chicago eatery, the Eccentric, won’t see many of Rosie’s dishes unless they pick up the book at the gift shop. A host at the restaurant admits there are plenty of requests for the low-calorie cooking, but the Eccentric’s chef, Jody Denton, says, ”Rosie’s book and Oprah’s restaurant have nothing to do with each other. There’s probably this perception that (Oprah) comes in and serves the dishes in the book, but that’s not true.” In fact, says the host, ”I haven’t even seen her in here recently.” That’s not too surprising: After all, the eatery’s signature dish, Oprah’s Potatoes (mashed with horseradish, cream, butter, salt and pepper) may be an unfair test of the new-and-improved Oprah’s willpower.
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Billy Joel marries Alexis Roderick in surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!