Oprah Winfrey’s personal chef, Rosie Daley, has been a heavyweight on the bestseller list with In the Kitchen with Rosie, but dinners at Oprah’s funky Chicago eatery, the Eccentric, won’t see many of Rosie’s dishes unless they pick up the book at the gift shop. A host at the restaurant admits there are plenty of requests for the low-calorie cooking, but the Eccentric’s chef, Jody Denton, says, ”Rosie’s book and Oprah’s restaurant have nothing to do with each other. There’s probably this perception that (Oprah) comes in and serves the dishes in the book, but that’s not true.” In fact, says the host, ”I haven’t even seen her in here recently.” That’s not too surprising: After all, the eatery’s signature dish, Oprah’s Potatoes (mashed with horseradish, cream, butter, salt and pepper) may be an unfair test of the new-and-improved Oprah’s willpower.
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!