It could give popcorn a bad name-again. Starting this month, 1 million popcorn bags at Cineplex Odeon theaters nationwide will promote New Line Cinema’s Dumb and Dumber, starring Jim Carrey, and Don Juan DeMarco, with Marlon Brando, Faye Dunaway, and Johnny Depp. New Line spent about $60,000 on the gimmick, which marketing president Chris Pula says ”is a lot of bang for the buck.” Sharing space with a Carrey film will give Don Juan a boost, but what could Brando’s mug do for snack sales? ”Yes, he has a weight problem,” says Pula, ”(but) we darkened the side of his face and toned his weight down.” Butter on that?
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game