It could give popcorn a bad name-again. Starting this month, 1 million popcorn bags at Cineplex Odeon theaters nationwide will promote New Line Cinema’s Dumb and Dumber, starring Jim Carrey, and Don Juan DeMarco, with Marlon Brando, Faye Dunaway, and Johnny Depp. New Line spent about $60,000 on the gimmick, which marketing president Chris Pula says ”is a lot of bang for the buck.” Sharing space with a Carrey film will give Don Juan a boost, but what could Brando’s mug do for snack sales? ”Yes, he has a weight problem,” says Pula, ”(but) we darkened the side of his face and toned his weight down.” Butter on that?
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Empire creator Lee Daniels addresses Mo'Nique's 'blackballed' comments
- Tom Ellis cast as Lucifer in DC Comics-based pilot
- What's Playing on Broadway and Beyond
- Normal's affordable, custom-fit earphones are disrupting the headphone game
- 'Modern Family:' Read Alex's full college essay
- 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- Creators Robert and Michelle King talk 'The Good Wife' return
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!