StarGate the movie takes audiences to the planet of the Egyptian-like deities. StarGate the CD-ROM takes users to the planet of the Hollywood publicists. A vaguely Myst-ical interface deposits you in a sumptuous otherworldly palace; clicking around leads you to interviews, bios, stills, and production art, plus postage-stamp-size making-of footage that would be seen to better effect on Entertainment Tonight. The one exception to the puffery is a detailed segment on the history and gods of ancient Egypt. This is useful if, like me, you always thought the ”Memphis Triad” consisted of Elvis, Jerry Lee, and Carl Perkins. C+
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the cover of Moïra Fowley Doyle's YA debut The Accident Season
- Chance the Rapper and Alec Baldwin's unexpected collaboration
- Diplo's Major Lazer project teams up with DJ Snake and MØ for 'Lean On'
- Robert Downey Jr. announces charity contest for trip to Age of Ultron premiere
- 'The Sound of Music' turns 50: We rank the Von Trapp children
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises