StarGate the movie takes audiences to the planet of the Egyptian-like deities. StarGate the CD-ROM takes users to the planet of the Hollywood publicists. A vaguely Myst-ical interface deposits you in a sumptuous otherworldly palace; clicking around leads you to interviews, bios, stills, and production art, plus postage-stamp-size making-of footage that would be seen to better effect on Entertainment Tonight. The one exception to the puffery is a detailed segment on the history and gods of ancient Egypt. This is useful if, like me, you always thought the ”Memphis Triad” consisted of Elvis, Jerry Lee, and Carl Perkins. C+
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hayley Atwell threw out the first pitch at Tuesday's Kansas City Royals game
- Cameron Crowe apologizes for casting Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Lifetime's 'A Deadly Adoption' with Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig scheduled for June 20
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment