StarGate the movie takes audiences to the planet of the Egyptian-like deities. StarGate the CD-ROM takes users to the planet of the Hollywood publicists. A vaguely Myst-ical interface deposits you in a sumptuous otherworldly palace; clicking around leads you to interviews, bios, stills, and production art, plus postage-stamp-size making-of footage that would be seen to better effect on Entertainment Tonight. The one exception to the puffery is a detailed segment on the history and gods of ancient Egypt. This is useful if, like me, you always thought the ”Memphis Triad” consisted of Elvis, Jerry Lee, and Carl Perkins. C+
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!