StarGate the movie takes audiences to the planet of the Egyptian-like deities. StarGate the CD-ROM takes users to the planet of the Hollywood publicists. A vaguely Myst-ical interface deposits you in a sumptuous otherworldly palace; clicking around leads you to interviews, bios, stills, and production art, plus postage-stamp-size making-of footage that would be seen to better effect on Entertainment Tonight. The one exception to the puffery is a detailed segment on the history and gods of ancient Egypt. This is useful if, like me, you always thought the ”Memphis Triad” consisted of Elvis, Jerry Lee, and Carl Perkins. C+
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages