Anyone who listens to Howard Stern knows the funniest bits are his brash, don’t-believe-the-hype commentaries on news events and celebrities, and not his intentionally dumb song parodies. Imagine listening to a dozen or so of those tune — from a dozen years ago — and you get the idea behind Unclean Beaver, a newly excavated album of circa-1982 bits by Stern and cohort Fred Norris. ”I Shot the Sheriff” becomes ”I Shot Ron Reagan,” with Stern as a mewling John Hinckley; ”50 Ways to Rank Your Mother” would probably jar Paul Simon’s toupee. A few of the bits are amusing, like a fake ad for an album by Neil Young’s cat, who sounds just like the man himself; others are little more than random comments about Stern from people on the street. Most (like the title skits, a gross-out rip on Leave It to Beaver) are so over-the-top infantile they leave spittle stains on your sound system. Stern has it in him to help revive the great, lost art of the comedy album; this cash-in, for-completists-only collection isn’t it. C-
Unclean Beaver Anyone who listens to Howard Stern knows the funniest bits are his brash, don't-believe-the-hype commentaries on news events and celebrities, and not...Unclean BeaverComedy Anyone who listens to Howard Stern knows the funniest bits are his brash, don't-believe-the-hype commentaries on news events and celebrities, and not...1994-11-25
Genre: Comedy; Lead Performers: Fred Norris, Howard Stern; Producer (group): Ichiban
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Waid and J.G. Jones preview powerful historically based comic, 'Strange Fruit'
- All the breakout artists Zane Lowe highlighted during his debut show on Beats 1
- James Gunn absolutely loved 'Ant-Man'
- Gay Men's Chorus of L.A. covers Britney Spears' 'Work Bitch'
- Cheryl Burke quits as Miss USA cohost
- Aquaman named 'most toxic superhero' to search for online
- Jeremy Renner on J.Lo jokes, gay rumors, and how 'Avengers' nearly killed him
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!