”Actually, I just picked up my brother Doug’s novel, Jennie. I obtained a copy at a bookstore signing of mine because he never sent me a copy —too modest. It’s based on a true story about a chimpanzee that was brought to live with a family and learns sign language. It’s an amazing story. My book, Hot Zone, is also about primates, so my parents are totally weirded out…. Another cool novel I’m reading is Corelli’s Mandolin, by Louis de Bernieres, a love story that takes place on a small Greek island during World War II. I also just finished a book that has been a best-seller in England, Bravo to Zero, by Andy McNab. It’s the true story of an officer who led a commando raid in the Iraqi war. For light amusement, I also like to read old medical articles about loathsome illnesses, like Chagas’ (disease), which is (caused by) a parasite that does unbelievable things to the body — I won’t go into it.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!