”Actually, I just picked up my brother Doug’s novel, Jennie. I obtained a copy at a bookstore signing of mine because he never sent me a copy —too modest. It’s based on a true story about a chimpanzee that was brought to live with a family and learns sign language. It’s an amazing story. My book, Hot Zone, is also about primates, so my parents are totally weirded out…. Another cool novel I’m reading is Corelli’s Mandolin, by Louis de Bernieres, a love story that takes place on a small Greek island during World War II. I also just finished a book that has been a best-seller in England, Bravo to Zero, by Andy McNab. It’s the true story of an officer who led a commando raid in the Iraqi war. For light amusement, I also like to read old medical articles about loathsome illnesses, like Chagas’ (disease), which is (caused by) a parasite that does unbelievable things to the body — I won’t go into it.”
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel