”Actually, I just picked up my brother Doug’s novel, Jennie. I obtained a copy at a bookstore signing of mine because he never sent me a copy —too modest. It’s based on a true story about a chimpanzee that was brought to live with a family and learns sign language. It’s an amazing story. My book, Hot Zone, is also about primates, so my parents are totally weirded out…. Another cool novel I’m reading is Corelli’s Mandolin, by Louis de Bernieres, a love story that takes place on a small Greek island during World War II. I also just finished a book that has been a best-seller in England, Bravo to Zero, by Andy McNab. It’s the true story of an officer who led a commando raid in the Iraqi war. For light amusement, I also like to read old medical articles about loathsome illnesses, like Chagas’ (disease), which is (caused by) a parasite that does unbelievable things to the body — I won’t go into it.”
Posted November 25 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scandal' stars tour the White House ahead of Correspondents' Dinner
- Paul Rudd had a fanboy moment over 'Captain America: Civil War'
- James Gunn's parents visited the set of 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' video spotlights Steve-Bucky relationship
- WATCH: Susan Sarandon & Geena Davis reunite to talk 'Thelma & Louise'
- 'Hamilton' pays tribute to 'Rent' on show’s 20th anniversary
- Will Ferrell, Chad Smith host ‘Red Hot’ charity drum-off
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch