In video games, as in movies, sequels don’t often improve on the originals. As much as the original Clayfighter thumbed its Play-Doh nose at fighting-game conventions — the hurled projectiles, the roundhouse kicks — this sequel buys into those same conventions, making Clayfighter 2: Judgement Clay closer in spirit to Streetfighter II. The backgrounds here are darker and less cartoony, the moves seem much more vicious, and even the addition of goony-looking combatants (including a giant banana) doesn’t compensate for the feeling that the original game was much more fun. B
Posted December 2 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!