Director Tim Burton’s obsession with late horror maestro Vincent Price is reaching full bloom. Beginning his career with the 1982 animated short Vincent (about a young boy obsessed with you-know-who), Burton is currently directing an hour-long documentary, A Visit With Vincent. ”Tim saw Vincent’s movies when he was growing up and felt a bond (with Price’s) haunted, driven antiheroes,” says Lucy Chase Williams, author of the upcoming The Films of Vincent Price and a consultant to Burton’s film, which will possibly be a direct-to-video release. …After enduring critical wrath for his ”accented” movie roles (in Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Much Ado About Nothing), Keanu Reeves has apparently taken the hint. For his stage appearance as Shakespeare’s Hamlet in a Canadian production opening in Winnipeg in January, the Canadian-raised actor has hired a voice coach. Director Lewis Baumander says he gave Reeves the idea after rehearsing the play’s ”To be or not to be” soliloquy. Sometimes action can speak louder than words.
Posted December 9 1994 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!