Director Tim Burton’s obsession with late horror maestro Vincent Price is reaching full bloom. Beginning his career with the 1982 animated short Vincent (about a young boy obsessed with you-know-who), Burton is currently directing an hour-long documentary, A Visit With Vincent. ”Tim saw Vincent’s movies when he was growing up and felt a bond (with Price’s) haunted, driven antiheroes,” says Lucy Chase Williams, author of the upcoming The Films of Vincent Price and a consultant to Burton’s film, which will possibly be a direct-to-video release. …After enduring critical wrath for his ”accented” movie roles (in Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Much Ado About Nothing), Keanu Reeves has apparently taken the hint. For his stage appearance as Shakespeare’s Hamlet in a Canadian production opening in Winnipeg in January, the Canadian-raised actor has hired a voice coach. Director Lewis Baumander says he gave Reeves the idea after rehearsing the play’s ”To be or not to be” soliloquy. Sometimes action can speak louder than words.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen to write, direct, produce, and star in Freddie Mercury biopic
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!