HOLY CASTING! It’s almost enough to leave you Speechless. MGM’s current romantic comedy features not one, but two ex-superheroes: Michael Keaton (formerly Batman) and Christopher Reeve (formerly Superman). On the set, the dynamic duo agreed their men-in-tights days are over. ”I was the custodian (of that part) in the late ’70s, early ’80s,” says Reeve. ”If they do it again (producer Jon Peters may revive the big-screen franchise), there should be a new custodian for this generation.” Keaton, who relinquished his role to Val Kilmer in the upcoming Batman Forever, echoes the sentiment. ”I pretty much had done what I wanted to do with the character in the first two Batmans,” he says. ”I liked being a part of it, (but) there are a lot of other things I want to do in front of the camera and privately.” And will Keaton see the new Batman, due this summer? ”I’m so far behind with my movies it’ll be 1998 before I see (it).”
Posted January 13 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zoe Saldana goes green (again) for 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Chelsea Peretti and Jordan Peele are engaged
- Adele’s '25' smashes records with first-week album sales
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'