HOLY CASTING! It’s almost enough to leave you Speechless. MGM’s current romantic comedy features not one, but two ex-superheroes: Michael Keaton (formerly Batman) and Christopher Reeve (formerly Superman). On the set, the dynamic duo agreed their men-in-tights days are over. ”I was the custodian (of that part) in the late ’70s, early ’80s,” says Reeve. ”If they do it again (producer Jon Peters may revive the big-screen franchise), there should be a new custodian for this generation.” Keaton, who relinquished his role to Val Kilmer in the upcoming Batman Forever, echoes the sentiment. ”I pretty much had done what I wanted to do with the character in the first two Batmans,” he says. ”I liked being a part of it, (but) there are a lot of other things I want to do in front of the camera and privately.” And will Keaton see the new Batman, due this summer? ”I’m so far behind with my movies it’ll be 1998 before I see (it).”
Posted January 13 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!