In Simon Beckett’s Fine Lines, Donald Ramsey is a stalker who knows his limitations. ”Anna and Marty were very obviously in love, and when I decided to end their relationship I knew I would need help.” So this fussy little art dealer, who has become obsessed with his assistant, hires a male model to seduce her and…worse. Donald’s urges are not just sexual but aesthetic: Marty’s too ugly to touch someone as pretty as Anna. This is the same brand of sad and gummy obsession as in Nabokov’s Lolita, but it turns vicious fast, and after an hour or so inside Donald’s thoughts, you’ll want to take a bath. Don’t. You’ll just stare at the wall and wonder whether he’s pulling his favorite trick of watching through holes in the plaster. A-
Fine Lines In Simon Beckett's Fine Lines, Donald Ramsey is a stalker who knows his limitations. ''Anna and Marty were very obviously in love, and...Fine LinesFictionSimon Beckett In Simon Beckett's Fine Lines, Donald Ramsey is a stalker who knows his limitations. ''Anna and Marty were very obviously in love, and...1995-01-13
Genre: Fiction; Author: Simon Beckett
Posted January 13 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!