A screensaver with a college degree, Headcandy matches six spacey Brian Eno instrumentals with zizzy, roiling psychedelic graphics. Sure, this is swell to look at, but for the animations to play to maximum effect, you have to shut down everything else on your computer, turn out the lights, and cancel the newspaper. As for the prismatic glasses that come with the package, they’re good mostly for your coworkers’ amusement when they see you making like Randy of the Redwoods in front of your monitor. An excellent party toy, nevertheless. B-
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!