CHURCH CHAT: There are celebrity homes, and then there’s the monastery where the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos, the double platinum-selling Monks (Chant and Chant Noel), hang their hoods. But unlike most star domains, this cloister is fast becoming one of northern Spain’s biggest tourist attractions. “(Rooms) are booked through the end of the summer,” says Aimee Gautreau, of the Monks’ label, Angel Records. Short of taking vows, there is only one other way for fans to nab a room at the abbey: A label-sponsored contest will allow winners to visit Santo Domingo and attend vespers and various ceremonies with the chanters themselves. But there is one hitch. “Women aren’t allowed (to stay there),” says Gautreau. “If a woman wins, she’ll stay in a nearby hotel and be taken on a guided tour.”
Posted January 13 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- 'Ray Donovan' season 3: Watch the brooding trailer
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!