Less, the sages say, is often more, but that may not be the case with this new version of This is Spinal Tap, the funniest rock film ever. Here, along with picture and sound quality far superior to any previous Tap video incarnation, we also get two running commentaries (director Rob Reiner on one audio channel, the principals on the other), a 20-minute demo reel, and more than an hour of outtakes (including Bruno Kirby singing Sinatra songs in his underwear). Much of this is amusing, but whether we really need these extras is arguable; in fact, as Reiner himself notes at the outset, they’re a bit like a magician telling you how he did a trick. A-
Genre: Comedy, Musical; Starring: Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Rob Reiner, Harry Shearer, Ed Begley Jr., Fran Drescher, Paul Shaffer; Guest Performer: Billy Crystal; Director: Rob Reiner; Author: Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, Rob Reiner, Harry Shearer; Producer (group): Spinal Tap Productions; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Embassy Pictures Corporation
Posted January 13 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- Brenda Strong compares her 'Desperate Housewives' and 'The 100' characters
- See Arcade Fire's David Bowie tribute parade
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds’ daughter had cutest reaction to Super Bowl ad
- Get your first look at 'The Flash'-'Supergirl’ crossover
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds wants 9 daughters
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday