> SOFT AS NAILS: It was nihilism as usual on stage at a recent Nine Inch Nails concert in Columbus, Ohio, until tragedy struck Trent Reznor’s best friend, Maise, a golden retriever. Handlers were walking the pooch on the arena’s third-floor balcony when the dog jumped onto a railing, then plunged 50 feet to his death. Reznor heard the news after the set and revealed a sensitive side. ”That was really tough for him,” says a spokeswoman. Reznor promptly canceled a concert two days later. Says the spokeswoman: ”He flew straight to Miami. He thought (the warmer weather) might cheer him up.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!