This would’ve been a phenomenal disc if the producers hadn’t slipped into commandeering and clichéd New Age drivel. In one interface, they even have you meditate on a tacky pink rose. Otherwise, Angels: The Mysterious Messengers is rife with winged artwork through the ages, augmented by a fairly fascinating history of angels in various cultures. Click on the ornately designed but simple-to-use interface and a cadre of experts explain the vagaries of seraphim light and dark. There’s even a handful of video clips from films such as Barbarella. If only the producers had left the trendy dogma to the experts, Angels would’ve been heavenly. B-
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!