Faye Dunaway is the picture of upper-middle-class mommyhood in A Family Divided. As Karen Billingsly, Dunaway is married to Roger, a loving lawyer played by Stephen Collins, and has a college-student son Chad (Cameron Bancroft). But Karen’s happy life of volunteer work and white-wine cocktail hours is ruined when she begins to suspect that Chad was involved in the gang-rape and subsequent disappearance of a young woman at a fraternity party. Not only that, but her husband tries to prevent her from knowing about the awful incident after the fraternity retains him as its lawyer. By combining the incendiary subject of rape with a smoldering subtext of sexism, A Family Divided becomes an intense, complicated tale in which everyone behaves both badly and with surprising grace. After so many roles that have called upon her to act deliriously neurotic, Dunaway does a fine job here of communicating Karen’s class-conscious suppression of excessive emotion while fully conveying her agony. A-
A Family DividedFaye Dunaway is the picture of upper-middle-class mommyhood in A Family Divided. As Karen Billingsly, Dunaway is married to Roger, a loving...A Family DividedFaye Dunaway is the picture of upper-middle-class mommyhood in A Family Divided. As Karen Billingsly, Dunaway is married to Roger, a loving...1995-01-20
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!