Finally limping onto Sega CD almost two years after its Genesis debut, this futuristic role-playing thriller is still worth checking out — there hasn’t been a game since that has matched its unique, almost hypnotic dynamic (languorous stretches of exploration and problem-solving punctuated by bursts of realistic gunplay). But keep this in mind: Because of its atmospheric soundtrack and cinematic interludes, the original Genesis Flashback was advertised as a CD game in a cartridge — while the Sega CD Flashback version has so many access delays (and improves so marginally on the original) that you’ll wonder which format was being complimented. B
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrera slam Donald Trump at DNC
- Mothers of slain black youth deliver powerful speeches at DNC
- Jessica Chastain in talks to join Jake Gyllenhaal's 'The Division'
- Elizabeth Banks compares Donald Trump to 'Hunger Games' character
- Oprah Winfrey to reunite with Ava DuVernay on 'A Wrinkle in Time'
- Lauren Conrad teases new secrets revealed upcoming The Hills special