Mix a dollop of Street Fighter II’s seamless game play, a dash of blood ‘n’ guts from Mortal Kombat, a healthy serving of human-modeled computer animation a la Virtua Fighter, and — just for seasoning — one of those enormous, fang-toothed dinosaurs from Primal Rage, and what do you get? Amazingly enough, you get Killer Instinct, a fighting game that’s more than the sum of its parts, one with enough depth and technique to keep arcade junkies breaking dollar bills well into the next millennium. Killer Instinct is the rare game whose name serves as its own metaphor — after years of being associated with the innocuous Super Mario, Nintendo has finally gone for the jugular. A+”
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jon Hamm in talks to star in sci-fi drama 'Marjorie Prime'
- Can you name these VMA nominees based on just one photo?
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- Pierce Brosnan tells Kimmel why he turned down 'Batman'
- Macklemore got Ken Griffey Jr. to recreate his famous rookie card
- Celebrate Shania Twain's birthday by playing 'Shania lyric or motivational poster?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!