Last week, we reported that Nellspeak was replacing Gumpisms. It was a short reign. The new catchphrases are Newtisms, an alphabetized collection of House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s sayings from Pocket Books. But prior to publication on Jan. 19, publishers made a change to the ”B” listing to add — you guessed it — that quote from his mom, Kathleen Gingrich. What does the Speaker say? ”I wouldn’t think he’d be pleased they chose to include that,” says his press secretary, Tony Blankley. ”But I hope that one of his quotes will appear in Bartlett’s when it’s all over.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'The Originals' star: Season 2 finale sets up 'a whole new show'
- Jenny Slate, Ari Graynor to star in FX road-trip comedy fro 'Obvious Child' team'
- D'Angelo announces U.S. dates for Second Coming tour
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner John Logan teases season 2's 'ferocious enemy'
- Nick Broomfield talks 'Tales of the Grim Sleeper'
- Michael Strahan reunites Bell Biv DeVoe for 'Lip Sync Battle'