Last week, we reported that Nellspeak was replacing Gumpisms. It was a short reign. The new catchphrases are Newtisms, an alphabetized collection of House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s sayings from Pocket Books. But prior to publication on Jan. 19, publishers made a change to the ”B” listing to add — you guessed it — that quote from his mom, Kathleen Gingrich. What does the Speaker say? ”I wouldn’t think he’d be pleased they chose to include that,” says his press secretary, Tony Blankley. ”But I hope that one of his quotes will appear in Bartlett’s when it’s all over.”
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!