Last week, we reported that Nellspeak was replacing Gumpisms. It was a short reign. The new catchphrases are Newtisms, an alphabetized collection of House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s sayings from Pocket Books. But prior to publication on Jan. 19, publishers made a change to the ”B” listing to add — you guessed it — that quote from his mom, Kathleen Gingrich. What does the Speaker say? ”I wouldn’t think he’d be pleased they chose to include that,” says his press secretary, Tony Blankley. ”But I hope that one of his quotes will appear in Bartlett’s when it’s all over.”
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!