Last week, we reported that Nellspeak was replacing Gumpisms. It was a short reign. The new catchphrases are Newtisms, an alphabetized collection of House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s sayings from Pocket Books. But prior to publication on Jan. 19, publishers made a change to the ”B” listing to add — you guessed it — that quote from his mom, Kathleen Gingrich. What does the Speaker say? ”I wouldn’t think he’d be pleased they chose to include that,” says his press secretary, Tony Blankley. ”But I hope that one of his quotes will appear in Bartlett’s when it’s all over.”
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- There's a lot of dancing in Lil Mama's new video
- Pink Floyd celebrates 50 years of existence with plaque
- Tame Impala releases another video for 'Cause I'm A Man'
- 'Lego Jurassic World' trailer features Lego Chris Pratt and Lego Indominous Rex
- Exclusive clip will make you fall hard for 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
- Dave Grohl's middle school fan letter to Ian MacKaye surfaces
- Idris Elba's Nelson Mandela documentary to air on A+E