Some good news for pack rats: You’ve finally got an excuse to recycle all those musty, yellowing back issues of People magazine. In their place, give People: 20 Years of Pop Culture a spin. Here they are, all 1,038 covers from the celeb-filled weekly, with accompanying stories (including 30 on Princess Di alone!) to commemorate People’s 20th anniversary. The dated shots of Telly Savalas, Mac Davis, and Charlie’s Angels are the real noncaloric meat and potatoes of this retrospective, but the coolest eye candy here is the way cover subjects morph into others — kudos to the genius who thought of shape-shifting Crosby, Stills, and Nash into Three’s Company’s Jack, Chrissy, and Janet. B
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...