People Will Talk, by Lucianne Goldberg, is a veritable mindless trip through the world of New York gossips and the people they cover. The book has an economical, easy-reader pace: by page 5, columnist Lolly Pines has been knocked dead by a plummeting marzipan bust of Kim Basinger, and mayhem ensues when the virtuous Kick Butler and the sluttish Baby Bayer campaign for her column. All of the peripheral characters are as cartoonishly drawn as Butler and Bayer, without so much as a hint of satire. Goldberg herself is an accomplished journalist and political consultant, yet she consigns her female characters to a not-so-scary world wherein they reach out in supplication to a-giggle-man every time there’s trouble. D
People Will Talk People Will Talk, by Lucianne Goldberg, is a veritable mindless trip through the world of New York gossips and the people they cover....People Will TalkFictionLucianne Goldberg People Will Talk, by Lucianne Goldberg, is a veritable mindless trip through the world of New York gossips and the people they cover....1995-01-20
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lucianne Goldberg
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- Joe Biden calls out Donald Trump's 'malarkey' in blistering speech
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels