People Will Talk, by Lucianne Goldberg, is a veritable mindless trip through the world of New York gossips and the people they cover. The book has an economical, easy-reader pace: by page 5, columnist Lolly Pines has been knocked dead by a plummeting marzipan bust of Kim Basinger, and mayhem ensues when the virtuous Kick Butler and the sluttish Baby Bayer campaign for her column. All of the peripheral characters are as cartoonishly drawn as Butler and Bayer, without so much as a hint of satire. Goldberg herself is an accomplished journalist and political consultant, yet she consigns her female characters to a not-so-scary world wherein they reach out in supplication to a-giggle-man every time there’s trouble. D
People Will Talk People Will Talk, by Lucianne Goldberg, is a veritable mindless trip through the world of New York gossips and the people they cover....People Will TalkFictionLucianne Goldberg People Will Talk, by Lucianne Goldberg, is a veritable mindless trip through the world of New York gossips and the people they cover....1995-01-20
Genre: Fiction; Author: Lucianne Goldberg
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!