The time: 1947. The place: Roswell, N.M. Apparent UFO wreckage has been found in the desert — and the Feds have engineered a cover-up. The truth-seeking hero is an Air Force major (Kyle MacLachlan) who investigates the crash site, finds things he can’t explain, and spends the next 30 years trying to prove he had a close encounter. Blending headlines and hearsay with docu-style sci-fi, the filmmakers of Roswell: The U.F.O. Cover-up conjure a gripping detective story that’s only slightly too fantastic to be true. Or is it? B+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Lead Performer: Kyle MacLachlan; Performers: Martin Sheen, Dwight Yoakam; Director: Jeremy Kagan; Author: Arthur Kopit; Release Date Wide: 07/31/1994; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Showtime Networks Inc.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Jerry Seinfeld on Wale: 'He's got that true artistic spirit'
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys': Ramse arc 'planned from first minute'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!