The time: 1947. The place: Roswell, N.M. Apparent UFO wreckage has been found in the desert — and the Feds have engineered a cover-up. The truth-seeking hero is an Air Force major (Kyle MacLachlan) who investigates the crash site, finds things he can’t explain, and spends the next 30 years trying to prove he had a close encounter. Blending headlines and hearsay with docu-style sci-fi, the filmmakers of Roswell: The U.F.O. Cover-up conjure a gripping detective story that’s only slightly too fantastic to be true. Or is it? B+
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Lead Performer: Kyle MacLachlan; Performers: Martin Sheen, Dwight Yoakam; Director: Jeremy Kagan; Author: Arthur Kopit; Release Date Wide: 07/31/1994; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Showtime Networks Inc.
Posted January 20 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt