It may come as a shock, but MTV’s erstwhile poufy-haired veejay is something of a cyber-rebel. Back in the day before big corporations like Viacom got a whiff of how ”cool” the Internet was with the kids, Curry posted a music news forum at mtv.com. But now, due to a legal battle over the name, he has relocated to Metaverse with Adam Curry’s Metaverse. What you will find there is a stockpile of regularly updated rock news and gossip, super-slick graphics, and handy links to other rocksites on the Net. Best of all, you’ll sleep a little easier at night knowing that, at least for one person, there’s life after MTV’s Top 20 Video Countdown. B+
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters