It may come as a shock, but MTV’s erstwhile poufy-haired veejay is something of a cyber-rebel. Back in the day before big corporations like Viacom got a whiff of how ”cool” the Internet was with the kids, Curry posted a music news forum at mtv.com. But now, due to a legal battle over the name, he has relocated to Metaverse with Adam Curry’s Metaverse. What you will find there is a stockpile of regularly updated rock news and gossip, super-slick graphics, and handy links to other rocksites on the Net. Best of all, you’ll sleep a little easier at night knowing that, at least for one person, there’s life after MTV’s Top 20 Video Countdown. B+
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade