It’s as if Alec Baldwin had never played Jack Ryan, hero of Tom Clancy’s best-selling The Hunt for Red October and its movie adaptation. That’s how Ford makes you feel as he deftly dodges the crossfire during a sneaky CIA war against Colombian drug lords in Clear and Present Danger. Of course, there’s more to this third Clancy thriller than heroics. There’s heart-stopping action (a multiple-sniper attack on Ryan’s motorcade), high-tech hardware (a frighteningly effective laser-guided missile), and even some suspenseful software: a dueling-keyboards race to print out incriminating agency files before they can be deleted. Not surprisingly, this sequence makes a picture-perfect fit on a TV screen. Call it state-of-the-art 1990s intrigue. A-
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Henry Czerny, Willem Dafoe, Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones, Anne Archer, Thora Birch, Benjamin Bratt, Willem Dafoe, Hope Lange; Director: Phillip Noyce; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!