It’s as if Alec Baldwin had never played Jack Ryan, hero of Tom Clancy’s best-selling The Hunt for Red October and its movie adaptation. That’s how Ford makes you feel as he deftly dodges the crossfire during a sneaky CIA war against Colombian drug lords in Clear and Present Danger. Of course, there’s more to this third Clancy thriller than heroics. There’s heart-stopping action (a multiple-sniper attack on Ryan’s motorcade), high-tech hardware (a frighteningly effective laser-guided missile), and even some suspenseful software: a dueling-keyboards race to print out incriminating agency files before they can be deleted. Not surprisingly, this sequence makes a picture-perfect fit on a TV screen. Call it state-of-the-art 1990s intrigue. A-
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Henry Czerny, Willem Dafoe, Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones, Anne Archer, Thora Birch, Benjamin Bratt, Willem Dafoe, Hope Lange; Director: Phillip Noyce; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can you match the movie quote to the romantic love story?
- 'Agent Carter' star Hayley Atwell cast in 'Conviction' pilot at ABC
- 'Star Wars': Phallic toys prompt Target apology, snickers
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See SpongeBob SquarePants step out in long pants
- 'The Light Between Oceans' gets Labor Day weekend release date
- Kiefer Sutherland gets hassled in exclusive clip from 'Forsaken'
- Great news for 'Kocktails with Khloé' fans
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday