It’s as if Alec Baldwin had never played Jack Ryan, hero of Tom Clancy’s best-selling The Hunt for Red October and its movie adaptation. That’s how Ford makes you feel as he deftly dodges the crossfire during a sneaky CIA war against Colombian drug lords in Clear and Present Danger. Of course, there’s more to this third Clancy thriller than heroics. There’s heart-stopping action (a multiple-sniper attack on Ryan’s motorcade), high-tech hardware (a frighteningly effective laser-guided missile), and even some suspenseful software: a dueling-keyboards race to print out incriminating agency files before they can be deleted. Not surprisingly, this sequence makes a picture-perfect fit on a TV screen. Call it state-of-the-art 1990s intrigue. A-
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Action/Adventure; Starring: Henry Czerny, Willem Dafoe, Harrison Ford, James Earl Jones, Anne Archer, Thora Birch, Benjamin Bratt, Willem Dafoe, Hope Lange; Director: Phillip Noyce; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!