Add Ellen DeGeneres to the list of comics who did a sitcom and got noticed. The star of Ellen has just signed with Disney to do the dark romantic comedy Mr. Wrong, about a seemingly perfect husband who turns out to be, well, less than right. ”It’s a combination of Something Wild, After Hours, and Mary Poppins if Mary Poppins were naked,” says DeGeneres, referring to a scripted nude love scene between her and her yet-to-be-named costar. (According to coscreenwriter Chris Matheson, Nicolas Cage is the top contender.) DeGeneres agreed to do Wrong last month after Disney chairman Joe Roth sent her the script, which she says is hysterical. ”There are so few good scripts out there, and I’m not Julia Roberts or Sharon Stone I think I’m right after Ricki Lake.”
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- TLC airs '19 Kids and Counting' marathon after Josh Duggar child molestation allegations
- 'Tomorrowland': Behind the design of utopia
- Jimmy Fallon and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson give a commencement speech... in 1989
- Chris Pratt on those Indiana Jones rumors: 'You don’t want to be the guy who f---s that up'
- Cara Delevingne on acting: 'I wanna f---ing Meryl Streep it'
- EW picks: What to binge-watch over Memorial Day weekend
- Ed Sheeran sang 'Rainbow Connection' with Kermit the Frog and had the time of his life
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!