Add Ellen DeGeneres to the list of comics who did a sitcom and got noticed. The star of Ellen has just signed with Disney to do the dark romantic comedy Mr. Wrong, about a seemingly perfect husband who turns out to be, well, less than right. ”It’s a combination of Something Wild, After Hours, and Mary Poppins if Mary Poppins were naked,” says DeGeneres, referring to a scripted nude love scene between her and her yet-to-be-named costar. (According to coscreenwriter Chris Matheson, Nicolas Cage is the top contender.) DeGeneres agreed to do Wrong last month after Disney chairman Joe Roth sent her the script, which she says is hysterical. ”There are so few good scripts out there, and I’m not Julia Roberts or Sharon Stone I think I’m right after Ricki Lake.”
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Michael Che and Colin Jost hand out free Trump water at DNC
- Stephen Colbert recruits John Oliver for DNC 'Fight Song' parody
- Stephen Colbert retires alter ego, introduces 'identical twin cousin'
- Cara Delevingne pranked Kesha, Haim at Taylor Swift's July 4 party
- Adele invites Adele drag impersonator on stage
- Seth Meyers takes A Closer Look at day 2 of the DNC & that giant joint
- Kanye West: 'I am so glad my wife has Snapchat'
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos