It Could Happen To You.But it probably won’t. This engagingly preposterous fairy tale, all about the joys of altruism, tops off its cast of caricatures with a cop (Cage) who pledges downtrodden waitress (Fonda) half his lottery take in lieu of a tip. The gist of their roles is to act inhumanly simple and virtuous, in contrast to his grasping, baubled wife (Rosie Perez). Cage proves he could do a lifelike Robin Hood, while Fonda would be more than winsome in The Princess and the Pea. Here it is a pleasure to be persuaded to suspend disbelief. After 101 minutes, though, it’s back to the real world, where giving has lost its good name. B
It Could Happen to You It Could Happen To You.But it probably won't. This engagingly preposterous fairy tale, all about the joys of altruism, tops off its...It Could Happen to YouComedy, RomancePG It Could Happen To You.But it probably won't. This engagingly preposterous fairy tale, all about the joys of altruism, tops off its...1995-01-27Isaac HayesStanley TucciIsaac Hayes, Stanley Tucci
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Bridget Fonda, Rosie Perez, Isaac Hayes, Stanley Tucci; Director: Andrew Bergman; MPAA Rating: PG
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!