It Could Happen To You.But it probably won’t. This engagingly preposterous fairy tale, all about the joys of altruism, tops off its cast of caricatures with a cop (Cage) who pledges downtrodden waitress (Fonda) half his lottery take in lieu of a tip. The gist of their roles is to act inhumanly simple and virtuous, in contrast to his grasping, baubled wife (Rosie Perez). Cage proves he could do a lifelike Robin Hood, while Fonda would be more than winsome in The Princess and the Pea. Here it is a pleasure to be persuaded to suspend disbelief. After 101 minutes, though, it’s back to the real world, where giving has lost its good name. B
It Could Happen to You It Could Happen To You.But it probably won't. This engagingly preposterous fairy tale, all about the joys of altruism, tops off its...It Could Happen to YouComedy, RomancePG It Could Happen To You.But it probably won't. This engagingly preposterous fairy tale, all about the joys of altruism, tops off its...1995-01-27Isaac HayesStanley TucciIsaac Hayes, Stanley Tucci
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Bridget Fonda, Rosie Perez, Isaac Hayes, Stanley Tucci; Director: Andrew Bergman; Status: In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters