La Streisand’s masterpiece of middlebrow kitsch sentimentality, The Prince of Tides, finally gets the deluxe treatment (an earlier laser version was pressed but not released when the star requested revisions), and what a feast for fans it is. The auteur herself yaks nonstop on a second audio track, and there’s a whole side of extras-auditions, gag outtakes, and a formerly deleted end-credit song. For non-devotees, there may be less here than meets the eye; the most interesting insight Barbra Streisand offers into her creative process is that in one scene she made sure her blouse matched the chair she was sitting in. B
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Nick Nolte, Barbra Streisand, George Carlin, Blythe Danner, Melinda Dillon, Jason Gould, Kate Nelligan, Brad Sullivan; Director: Barbra Streisand; Author: Pat Conroy, Becky Johnston; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Katy Perry dances to Taylor Swift verse in Kanye West's 'Famous'
- 'Assassin's Creed' featurette offers new plot teases
- Character actress Rebecca Metz on making it in Hollywood
- 'Bad Santa 2' screening, cast added to EW PopFest lineup
- James McAvoy has 23 personalities in new trailer for 'Split'
- James Franco endorses Hillary Clinton with Dos Equis spoof
- 'Blindspot' sneak peek: Why has Rich Dotcom returned?
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like