La Streisand’s masterpiece of middlebrow kitsch sentimentality, The Prince of Tides, finally gets the deluxe treatment (an earlier laser version was pressed but not released when the star requested revisions), and what a feast for fans it is. The auteur herself yaks nonstop on a second audio track, and there’s a whole side of extras-auditions, gag outtakes, and a formerly deleted end-credit song. For non-devotees, there may be less here than meets the eye; the most interesting insight Barbra Streisand offers into her creative process is that in one scene she made sure her blouse matched the chair she was sitting in. B
Genre: Drama, Romance; Starring: Nick Nolte, Barbra Streisand, George Carlin, Blythe Danner, Melinda Dillon, Jason Gould, Kate Nelligan, Brad Sullivan; Director: Barbra Streisand; Author: Pat Conroy, Becky Johnston; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'SNL' alum Mike O'Brien opens up about cancer scare, face surgeries
- Lena Dunham, 'OITNB' stars support Hillary Clinton in new video
- Wale throws a pool party at a mansion in new 'My PYT' music video
- David Spade to host 'Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe'
- Jennifer Aniston admits she's asked herself, 'Am I good enough?'
- 'Ben-Hur' trailer: See Jack Huston as the iconic Biblical-era hero
- 'Rizzoli & Isles' 100th ep: Angie Harmon describes directorial debut
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'