It’s like a Gen-X version of a bad counterculture youth film. A handful of twenty-something nobodies are kidnapped by terrorists, who insist that the major TV networks broadcast a live feed of the hostages in their grimy captivity. Upon rescue, former hostage Cliff Spab (Stephen Dorff) becomes a reluctant media superstar, a messianic Patty Hearst whose exclamation ”So F–ing What” (get the title S.F.W. now?) becomes the nihilist rallying cry of a generation. Yeah, right. This may be the first movie since the late ’60s to establish its hero’s rebel credentials by having him drop the word f— into every other sentence. Playing Mr. Grunge Existentialist, the cuddly Dorff makes you feel as if you’re watching The Kurt Cobain Story starring Luke Perry. F
S.F.W. It's like a Gen-X version of a bad counterculture youth film. A handful of twenty-something nobodies are kidnapped by terrorists, who insist that the...S.F.W.DramaR It's like a Gen-X version of a bad counterculture youth film. A handful of twenty-something nobodies are kidnapped by terrorists, who insist that the...1995-01-27Amber BensonTobey MaguireJack NoseworthyAmber Benson, Tobey Maguire, Jack Noseworthy
Genre: Drama; Starring: Joey Lauren Adams, Jake Busey, Stephen Dorff, Pamela Gidley, Reese Witherspoon, Amber Benson, Tobey Maguire, Jack Noseworthy; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!