Catherine Hickland, who plays Tess on ABC’s Loving, used to confine her singing to the shower. But after seeing Les Miserables 17 times, Hickland, 38, who hadn’t so much as sung karaoke, decided she wanted to become a songbird — and on Broadway, no less. Even her husband, All My Children’s Michael Knight (Tad), was skeptical. ”He said, ‘You want to sing on Broadway? That’s nice, honey,’ ” Hickland recalls. But last week, after months of lessons, she began a three-month stint as Fantine in Les Miz. ”This is without a doubt the most fun I’ve ever had,” she says, ”and the hardest thing I’ve ever done.” How will the singing soap star measure her success on the Great White Way? ”As long as I don’t fall into the orchestra pit, I’ll be happy.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!