The first unicycle racing game is both maximalist and minimalist — maximalist because it was programmed with the same Silicon Graphics workstations that contributed those stunning 3-D effects to Donkey Kong Country, minimalist because its small, riderless wheels execute high-speed ips and loop-de-loops against abstract backgrounds. Uniracers has its unique charms, I suppose, and I’m sure some younger players will nd it absorbing, but the whole concept seems excessively twee — which, come to think of it, is my reaction whenever I see anyone riding a unicycle. B-
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- The 50 Most Watched Broadcast Shows of 2014-15
- Extreme Fan Club with Chris Pratt -- exclusive video
- EW's definitive ranking of the top 10 'Pac-Man' ghosts
- Funeral for slain New York rapper will be held next week
- What to binge-watch: Memorial Day marathon edition
- Pac-Man turns 35: Looking back on three-plus decades of video games, pop culture, and cereal
- 'Mad Men' finale attracts record audience
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!