I know that the CD-ROM audience is going mainstream, but do the makers of Wheel of Fortune really expect the show’s couch-tuber fan base to be PC adepts? Conversely, will anyone who knows his way around The 7th Guest want to waste time on this agonizingly slow, completely brain-dead CD-ROM? For the record, you get eight different players to cast as yourself and your computer opponents. Then you watch as the wheel spins, Vanna burbles, and your players grimace or grin. Don’t try to click or quit while any of the video footage is rolling: You can’t. You can, however, elect to turn off the video entirely — which leaves you with a $50 game of hangman. The word you’re looking for is S-U-C-K-E-R. F
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Bloodline renewed by Netflix
- 'Room 237' team launches Kickstarter campaign for mysterious new project
- Nathan Fillion shares his love letter to 'Walking Dead'
- Kevin Hooks to direct Nelson Mandela mini-series for BET Networks
- Trevor Noah addresses Twitter backlash
- Play 'Pac-Man' around the world in Google Maps
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!