I know that the CD-ROM audience is going mainstream, but do the makers of Wheel of Fortune really expect the show’s couch-tuber fan base to be PC adepts? Conversely, will anyone who knows his way around The 7th Guest want to waste time on this agonizingly slow, completely brain-dead CD-ROM? For the record, you get eight different players to cast as yourself and your computer opponents. Then you watch as the wheel spins, Vanna burbles, and your players grimace or grin. Don’t try to click or quit while any of the video footage is rolling: You can’t. You can, however, elect to turn off the video entirely — which leaves you with a $50 game of hangman. The word you’re looking for is S-U-C-K-E-R. F
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters