Little Women’s Winona Ryder has tried to suffer for her art, but her size got in the way. ”I read biographies of the greats and they were so messed up that I thought I’d better mess myself up. But I couldn’t. I’m too small,” says Ryder, believing that, at about 100 pounds, her constitution is too delicate for a walk on the wild side. ”I tried being an alcoholic for two weeks, and it didn’t go over too well. I just can’t be a reckless person because of my body.” Ryder, who reteams with Little Women costars Samantha Mathis and Claire Danes for her upcoming film, How to Make an American Quilt (due for release this fall), says she’s over her angst. ”I didn’t understand that I could be normal and relax and still be a good actress. I finally figured it out — which is such a relief.”
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- How 'Angel of the Morning' and more made the 'Deadpool' soundtrack
- See the full list of this year’s Grammys performers
- 'Avatar' actor Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- 10 'Deadpool' jokes that didn't make the movie
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'