Little Women’s Winona Ryder has tried to suffer for her art, but her size got in the way. ”I read biographies of the greats and they were so messed up that I thought I’d better mess myself up. But I couldn’t. I’m too small,” says Ryder, believing that, at about 100 pounds, her constitution is too delicate for a walk on the wild side. ”I tried being an alcoholic for two weeks, and it didn’t go over too well. I just can’t be a reckless person because of my body.” Ryder, who reteams with Little Women costars Samantha Mathis and Claire Danes for her upcoming film, How to Make an American Quilt (due for release this fall), says she’s over her angst. ”I didn’t understand that I could be normal and relax and still be a good actress. I finally figured it out — which is such a relief.”
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters