Little Women’s Winona Ryder has tried to suffer for her art, but her size got in the way. ”I read biographies of the greats and they were so messed up that I thought I’d better mess myself up. But I couldn’t. I’m too small,” says Ryder, believing that, at about 100 pounds, her constitution is too delicate for a walk on the wild side. ”I tried being an alcoholic for two weeks, and it didn’t go over too well. I just can’t be a reckless person because of my body.” Ryder, who reteams with Little Women costars Samantha Mathis and Claire Danes for her upcoming film, How to Make an American Quilt (due for release this fall), says she’s over her angst. ”I didn’t understand that I could be normal and relax and still be a good actress. I finally figured it out — which is such a relief.”
Posted January 27 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Penelope Cruz and Jimmy Fallon re-team for Dubsmash
- Margot Robbie spoofs 'The Big Short' for Red Nose Day
- 'Orange Is the New Black' cast teases season 4 developments
- Neil Young slams Donald Trump for 'misogyny and racism'
- Rebel Wilson dusts David Schwimmer & James Corden in latest rap battle
- 'The Walking Dead' Red Nose Day Special spoof is hilarious
- Key & Peele give away their life savings to help kids for Red Nose Day
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers
- 'Thelma and Louise': Where Are They Now?
- 13 Summer Camps From TV and Movies We Want to Attend