David Letterman fans, it’s time to face facts: Your main man in late night isn’t likely to pen a tell-all real soon. For secondhand news, this jokey little jobber isn’t bad, though. Here’s a handy Dave time line, enhanced with quotes from a college friend and the boss at the supermarket where Dave worked as a teenager. (Dave was a good bagger, a bad boyfriend.) Author Michael Cader also consults some experts, such as Hair Club for Men president Sy Sperling (Dave could benefit from a more sophisticated and contemporary hairstyle); a psychiatrist (Dave is still trying to make his mother laugh); and a handwriting analyst (Dave’s script is similar to David Berkowitz’s) in Dave’s World: The Unofficial Guide to the Late Show With David Letterman. Martha Stewart shows up with a recipe using one of Dave’s infamous canned hams, as do — surprise, surprise — Mujibur and Sirajul. Fine for those who just can’t get enough of that gap-toothed grin. B
Dave's World: The Unofficial Guide to the Late Show With David Letterman David Letterman fans, it's time to face facts: Your main man in late night isn't likely to pen a tell-all real soon. For secondhand news, this jokey...Dave's World: The Unofficial Guide to the Late Show With David LettermanTelevisionMichael Cader David Letterman fans, it's time to face facts: Your main man in late night isn't likely to pen a tell-all real soon. For secondhand news, this jokey...1995-02-03
Genre: Television; Author: Michael Cader
Posted February 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- This is what it was like when Andrew Garfield worked at Starbucks
- Disclosure go behind the scenes of 'Caracal' and collabs with Sam Smith, Lorde
- See Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig get batty in 'Spy' Blu-ray clip
- Ellen Pompeo: 'Grey's Anatomy' doesn't need McDreamy
- Tom Hardy brought his dog to the premiere of 'Legend'
- A-trak looks back on Fool's Gold Day Off's 5th birthday
- Just how well do you know 'Xena: Warrior Princess'?
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!