Some actors prepare for a role by using Method. Then there’s Jim Carrey, who goes to the dentist. As Lloyd Christmas, a.k.a. Dumb of Dumb and Dumber, the rubber-faced comedian sports a chipped front tooth, which, he says, is real. ”Clark La Prairie jumped on my head in grade school detention,” says Carrey, explaining the source of the old injury. ”The nuns sent me home with my tooth in an envelope.” So when Carrey decided that his irregular chopper would complement his character’s goofy grin, he had his cap removed. ”De Niro gains weight. I file my teeth off,” he says. It was worth the effort, though: Dumb will likely be Carrey’s third consecutive hit, following Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and The Mask. Does his dentist have points?
Posted February 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Music we loved this week: Robyn, Tink, Galantis and more
- What should Jon Stewart do next? Former 'Daily Show' correspondents offer advice
- The slasher film returns with a vengeance in 'Some Kind of Hate' trailer
- Resume Review: Kenny Ortega on 'HSM,' 'Dirty Dancing' & more
- Ranking Tom Cruise's craziest 'Mission: Impossible' stunts
- 'Big Brother': Jason reveals what name he almost called Liz on live TV
- Nile Rodgers explains why FOLD is totally different than other music festivals
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!