Some actors prepare for a role by using Method. Then there’s Jim Carrey, who goes to the dentist. As Lloyd Christmas, a.k.a. Dumb of Dumb and Dumber, the rubber-faced comedian sports a chipped front tooth, which, he says, is real. ”Clark La Prairie jumped on my head in grade school detention,” says Carrey, explaining the source of the old injury. ”The nuns sent me home with my tooth in an envelope.” So when Carrey decided that his irregular chopper would complement his character’s goofy grin, he had his cap removed. ”De Niro gains weight. I file my teeth off,” he says. It was worth the effort, though: Dumb will likely be Carrey’s third consecutive hit, following Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and The Mask. Does his dentist have points?
Posted February 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Brody Jenner opens up about Caitlyn in new interview
- Dee Snider is back with his first new song in over 20 years
- Mulder and Scully are back in action in new 'X-Files' revival teaser
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!