Some actors prepare for a role by using Method. Then there’s Jim Carrey, who goes to the dentist. As Lloyd Christmas, a.k.a. Dumb of Dumb and Dumber, the rubber-faced comedian sports a chipped front tooth, which, he says, is real. ”Clark La Prairie jumped on my head in grade school detention,” says Carrey, explaining the source of the old injury. ”The nuns sent me home with my tooth in an envelope.” So when Carrey decided that his irregular chopper would complement his character’s goofy grin, he had his cap removed. ”De Niro gains weight. I file my teeth off,” he says. It was worth the effort, though: Dumb will likely be Carrey’s third consecutive hit, following Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and The Mask. Does his dentist have points?
Posted February 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ice Cube developing modern-day 'Oliver Twist' musical at Disney
- 'Black Mirror' creator: The one twist that was too heartbreaking to do
- Tinashe almost freaked out when working with 'idol' Britney Spears
- Westworld ratings take hit from Walking Dead
- Simon Pegg talks 'Star Trek Beyond' with an ISS astronaut
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop