Kurt McKinney is nothing if not honest. The ’80s-era General Hospital star has a candid explanation for why he returned to daytime after a hiatus of several years to play Matt the drifter on CBS’ Guiding Light: ”I like Matt,” McKinney says, ”but it was also about money. I could lie and say, ‘Oh, I missed the daytime family.’ But the truth is, I was tired of not working and having no money.” Though McKinney is now winning kudos for his character’s May-December romance with older woman Vanessa (Maeve Kinkead), for a while he was far more successful at selling cars than at nabbing acting work. ”But I never saw myself as a car salesman,” he says, laughing.”It wasn’t a profession. I was just doing it to make a buck. And you know, there are some honest ones.” Just like some actors.
Posted February 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!