Kurt McKinney is nothing if not honest. The ’80s-era General Hospital star has a candid explanation for why he returned to daytime after a hiatus of several years to play Matt the drifter on CBS’ Guiding Light: ”I like Matt,” McKinney says, ”but it was also about money. I could lie and say, ‘Oh, I missed the daytime family.’ But the truth is, I was tired of not working and having no money.” Though McKinney is now winning kudos for his character’s May-December romance with older woman Vanessa (Maeve Kinkead), for a while he was far more successful at selling cars than at nabbing acting work. ”But I never saw myself as a car salesman,” he says, laughing.”It wasn’t a profession. I was just doing it to make a buck. And you know, there are some honest ones.” Just like some actors.
Posted February 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'
- A breakdown of the 13 most absurd moments in the 'Rocky IV' training montages