Kurt McKinney is nothing if not honest. The ’80s-era General Hospital star has a candid explanation for why he returned to daytime after a hiatus of several years to play Matt the drifter on CBS’ Guiding Light: ”I like Matt,” McKinney says, ”but it was also about money. I could lie and say, ‘Oh, I missed the daytime family.’ But the truth is, I was tired of not working and having no money.” Though McKinney is now winning kudos for his character’s May-December romance with older woman Vanessa (Maeve Kinkead), for a while he was far more successful at selling cars than at nabbing acting work. ”But I never saw myself as a car salesman,” he says, laughing.”It wasn’t a profession. I was just doing it to make a buck. And you know, there are some honest ones.” Just like some actors.
Posted February 3 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!