This deluxe version of the Western comedy that ushered in the Age of the Buddy Movie comes with the usual extras — a nice wide-screen transfer, nonstop audio commentary by the director and cinematographer, and lengthy recent interviews with the principals. What really makes the package is a previously unavailable making-of documentary shot concurrently with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. On a strictly nuts-and-bolts level, it’s the best how-they-did-it primer you’ll ever see. Various explanations for the inclusion of ”Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head,” however, still remain unconvincing. A-
Genre: Comedy, Western, Drama; Starring: Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Katharine Ross; Director: George Roy Hill; Author: William Goldman; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted February 10 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!