MAJOR PAYNE (Universal, PG-13) Here’s the headline: For God’s sake, don’t go! Damon Wayans plays an obnoxious, sadistic simpleton of an ex-Marine who takes a job whipping a ragtag band of Junior ROTC losers into shape. One kid’s fat, one’s deaf, one’s a suck-up, and one has big ears, so you know this stinker (based upon 1955’s The Private War of Major Benson) is supposed to be a comedy. But instead, it’s an unmitigated nightmare of crude, boorish tripe-and woe unto our nation’s future if kids find it hilarious. From the first word he brays (in a dumb-guy speaking voice further aggravated by the addition of a couple of big gold front teeth) to the last turd reference he manages to squeeze in (you heard me), the otherwise talented Wayans has sunk to a new low. The supporting cast is utterly forgettable-which is lucky for them, since they’ll probably be trying to forget this offensive project as quick as they can. F -LS
Major Payne MAJOR PAYNE (Universal, PG-13) Here's the headline: For God's sake, don't go! Damon Wayans plays an obnoxious, sadistic simpleton of an ex-Marine who...Major PayneComedyPG-13 MAJOR PAYNE (Universal, PG-13) Here's the headline: For God's sake, don't go! Damon Wayans plays an obnoxious, sadistic simpleton of an ex-Marine who...1995-03-24
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Karyn Parsons, Damon Wayans; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted March 24 1995 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'