The most viscerally exciting shooting game in years, Chaos Control will come as a shock to all those who have written off Philips’ CD-i as a chronic underachiever. Not only do the graphics and sound outclass comparable efforts on competing systems, but Hollywood could learn a thing or two about production design from Chaos’ French programmers. And though the computer does all the steering, that doesn’t detract from the game’s appeal: The first stage alone, in which you careen through Manhattan canyons blasting giant bugs and jet-packed enemy soldiers, is worth the combined admission to any 10 simulation rides. A
Posted January 17 2015 — 3:45 PM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!