The most viscerally exciting shooting game in years, Chaos Control will come as a shock to all those who have written off Philips’ CD-i as a chronic underachiever. Not only do the graphics and sound outclass comparable efforts on competing systems, but Hollywood could learn a thing or two about production design from Chaos’ French programmers. And though the computer does all the steering, that doesn’t detract from the game’s appeal: The first stage alone, in which you careen through Manhattan canyons blasting giant bugs and jet-packed enemy soldiers, is worth the combined admission to any 10 simulation rides. A
Posted May 5 1995 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'